Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 119: I Effin' Love This Jacket

I have two pet peeves in this world: socks that don't stay put, and jacket sleeves that are too short. The first peeve is easy to fix, just get new socks, the second (thanks to my genetically long ape arms) is not. I have recently learned that Gap has a "Tall" collection. This pleases me.

I saw this jacket in an ad in the Fall Collection issue of Marie Claire, I checked it out on the world wide web and here's what I discovered:  I think this jacket may be "the one"

Reasons I love this jacket:
#1) Hits at the hip (super duper long, yo!)
#2) Long sleeves listed as one of the features
#3) Olive in color
#4) Cinch waist

Reasons I hate this jacket:
#1) its $128

Yikes, I haven't paid that much for, well, anything my entire adult life (in high school I did have a phase where I would only buy jeans from the Buckle, that went away quickly when I had to start paying my own bills)

To invest or not to invest, sigh, that is the question. I'm afraid that if I wait too long, this little Fall Collection exclusive will be bye bye birdie. The crisp fall air is almost upon me, I would love to find a jacket long enough to keep it off my back!
So I wonder, do they have this gem in stores, or is this an online only deal. I must investigate. Wish me happy hunting.

1 comment:

  1. I have been dying for a nice casual coast like this for fall! I on the other hand have the opposite problem. Sleeves are usually too long on me which I know can be fixed by rolling them up but still annoying if you want to look like an adult without the sleeves rolled up.

    ReplyDelete