Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 48: DIY Wall Decor

Step 1: Go to Goodwill , find cheap picture frames (10-15 depending on the size of your wall) in all colors, sizes, etc. ( I got mine for $1 each..)

Step 2: Grab your tools: Hammer, panel nails, tape, scissors

 Step 3: Pick your photos. I went with a landscape/travel theme, or they can be completely random, whatever you blows your skirt up.


Step 4: Cut backdrops out of construction paper for the 5x7 frames (or be super pimp and just print your pictures this size beforehand)...if you have fancier paper, use it. I do not so construction paper it is.
Step 5: Start randomly placing picture frames on your wall, you could get all fancy and get out a ruler and a leveler, but that's no fun really. I did have one focal point, my favorite picture of myself, a black and white picture of me looking forward out the window, it symbolizes me looking out at all the cool places I've been and how many more I want to see.
Step 6: Include these cute lil guys (or something similar just so its not all pictures, they were $1 each)
Then marvel at what you've created:


What I like about this is you can keep adding pictures until your heart's content. I definitely want about 5 more photos and a couple more cute lil guys.

Total time spent: 1 hour
Total cash spent: $12

Oh yeah and um here's what I wore out last night: I liked it so I thought I'd share, snagged this shirt for $1.
Boots: Charming Charlies $10, Skinnies: Wal-Mart $10, Belt: Fossil (christmas gift from eons ago), Shirt: Wal-Mart $1, Jacket: Macy's$15, Necklace: Fossil 9Gift from momma)

No comments:

Post a Comment