Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Day 106: Backpack Lust!

So I watched Blue Valentine on Monday night and, wowzers, what a depressing movie! The reviews said it was going to be "rather depressing" but goodness!

Here is a summary of the movie according to Lindsey:
Cindy (Michelle Williams character) has her life on track and is going to school to be a doctor, she gets knocked up by this asshole jock, she dumps the jock, meets Ryan Gosling's character (cannot remember his name, I was much too distracted by how they got his hairline to recede) , they have a few wonderful nights together (don't think she ever actually loved him but was pleased with him) she tries to have a smishsmortion, doesn't go throw with it, afterwards Ryan says "Lets be a family" and marries her with another man's child in her belly. 5 odd years later, she resents him for everything, not graduating high school or "doing something with his life."  His character is so genuine (though by no means perfect, I mentioned the receding hairline, dorky glasses, drinking and driving, and smoking like a chimney throughout the entire film) "I am doing something, I'm a husband and a father, it turns out that was my calling". She married him out of circumstances, not out of love, and in the end she just ended up hurting herself, and more importantly, him (a not extremely intelligent, but nonetheless a nice guy). That is the moral of the movie. Poor Ryan Gosling. I'm sure I am misinterpreting the main point of this movie, and most girls would focus on the "young love" portion of this movie. Not I!


So the only thing that did not depress me about this movie was the camel colored backpack that Michelle carries around with her.
So my friends, I am on a goodwill hunt for one of these, going to be a tough one to find...but I'm going to give it a good girl scout try!

3 comments:

  1. My friend has one just like that. It's her mum's old vintage 80s bag. I want!!!! :)

    xxx Irinja (1milliondresses.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah that would be an awesome find, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, it will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine!!!

    ReplyDelete