Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Day 111: To the Max-i!

This, my friends, has been a long time coming. I think I have been trying on maxi dresses now for about 2 years, never finding one that is long enough. And its rather frustrating because at 5'8'', I don't think I'm THAT tall really. I've scavenged thrift store after thrift store, Target after Target, even tried the more expensive Banana Republic, JCrew, etc, with no avail. But lo and behold, the Goodwill on Leetsdale came through in the clutch. For $5.
 Its long, its comfortable (well worn in), and it is from Express.

I'm not completely in love with the pattern, but I would say i don't dislike it. Sorry about the lack of styling, in my defense, I wasn't even planning on taking an outfit picture today, as I thought my camera had officially bit the dust.  But I shook it around a bit (rather forcefully at the point of rage) and presto! It started working again. So glad I didn't throw it against the wall. So that is why there is a sports bra under this, no makeup, and a messy ponytail as I was on my way to volleyball when the camera came back from the dead. I was also afraid to touch the camera in any way, shape or form, scared it would turn itself off again, so the photos are kinda out of focus.

I can't wait to style this maxi up.I think with a little jean jacket, some jewels, a little better hairdo, and we'll have ourselves something! Finally! I found one! 

2 comments:

  1. Saw your post on Thursdays are for thrifters and thought I'd check it out. I LOVE that dress. Maxi's are always a good thing and this one is great. The pattern is unique, but I really like it. And I really like the simple necklace with it. Excellent outfit! :)
    II think I might try your shake the hell out of it approach for my near dead camera. It turns on no problem, but won't turn off or even take a picture. I think about throwing it against the wall just for fun, lol.

    Jess

    Twinstyles.blog.com - Check us out if you get the chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey, I really like that dress! It's funny because last night I saw a really tall girl in a maxi dress and it made me wonder if tall girls have trouble finding them to fit because I'm *really* short and sometimes they aren't too much too long on me. Anyway, sorry to ramble! Glad you linked up!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete