Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 117: Daydreaming



Is there a particular place that you wish you could go, teleport out of your current 9-5, and be magically whisked away to?
This, in fact, is that place for me. It is called Piney Lake, in Vail Colorado, and sadly, I haven't been to this magical place in over 2 years. This picture doesn't even come close to capturing the beauty that awaits you there. 
I have only been on one measly hike this summer, and I used to make fun of  the people that lived in Denver and merely looked at the mountains, never leaving their bubble of the city and going to explore their wonder. I have become one of those people. I mean look at this place? Why haven't I been up there? I'll answer that for you: I've been working almost every weekend.
The fact of the matter is, I love snowboarding, I love snow, I love the chill of the mountain air...but my true love is really Summertime in the mountains.
That is why, I have decided to go here, this coming Sunday, I am heading west my friends!

I hope all of you reading this have a magical place you can go to, if even just for a short while. (It turns out I  need to go to bed as I am using phrases such as "even for a short while"  and "beauty that awaits you there")

No comments:

Post a Comment