Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 134: My Way or the Broadway

Just out and about on a little walk down Broadway yesterday (I have so much free time on my hands its ridiculous!)
This is the Mayan theater, 3 blocks from my house...they show independent films and documentaries, I've sadly never been inside :(

A rather beautiful rug hanging in front of one of the shops

One of my favorite shops on Broadway, they house independent jewelry designers here (sigh...someday)

This would be the scene of most of my thrifty crimes...and the place that stole over half of my paycheck over the course of a year.

This is just a random wall on an abandoned building...I just wanted to photograph the colors.

a random little mural on the random little wall.

lots of antique furniture crowding the sidewalks these days....oh how I drool.

My favorite little knickknack store of all time. They also have a back boutique of very cute (but very expensive) clothes.

front window display of Decade

I have a huge lady boner for this table.
Why I love the neighborhood in which I live:

There is this little thing called convenience I never knew as a child. I grew up in a small town, well calling it "small" is being rather nice, "tiny" or "minuscule" would be a better word. You had to drive 15 or so miles just to buy a carton of milk, so a trip to the grocery store was more like stockpiling for the future.
Things I have within walking distance: 
  • Goodwill: Of course I would list this first, duh...you can throw a rock from my front porch and hit it (well if you were a MLB player you could) 
  • Library: Although it is small, and sometimes stinky it still houses all that I need: popular novels, free somewhat current DVDs (and documentaries), and in my recent case: job hunting help books. 
  • Famous Pizza: Granted it is not the best slice I have ever had, but it serves a purpose, open til 2am, frankly any pizza will be the best pizza you've ever had at 2am
  • K-Mart: I think, sadly, that K-Mart has gotten a bad reputation over the years (I think after that comment "K-Mart sucks" in Rain Man its never recovered) granted mine is  a tad ghetto, and a tad overpriced, but it is convenient and has everything a girl could need to keep her small apartment running. (sidenote: K-Mart has super cute clothes, purses, and accessories, who knew?!)
  • Albertson's Grocery Store: Once again, I have learned sometimes you trade quality and low prices for convenience. This grocery store is not my favorite, the produce is always crappy, and everything seems to be overpriced. However, it serves the purpose of being close when you discover you are out of butter and you are making a ridiculously rich cream sauce!
  • Seven Eleven: No need to explain the importance of a 7/11 in times of deep chocolate attacks
  • Multiple Bars and Restaurants: From sushi, to dive bars, to yuppie hipster places, to gay bars, whatever you are in to, Broadway has it all
  • TS Snowboard Shop: Need I say more? 
Well that is just an overview, thanks for joining me on today's episode of "Why Living on Broadway Is Awesome-Possum"

No comments:

Post a Comment