Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 135: Thrifty Thursday: The Fabric of My Life

I'll have to admit, I don't know when to use the term "shirt" "blouse" "top" "boob cover up"...I mean, what's the difference? Is there a correct term?

I guess if I had to call anything I own a "blouse" it would be this garment right here. I think it is so feminine for some reason...well for my closet. Its pink! I never wear pink. However, there was just something about it that I liked, turns out not the most flattering cut, but with the right necklace it looks pretty cute. It should probably be paired with something equally as girlie, say, a skirt...I just didn't have the strength today!

I got this handmade woven cotton "shirt" last month in Charleston on Megs and I's "Hurricane Goodwill Shopping Day". What a great day that was with an old friend of mine, if I could only just put that day on replay for awhile.....



Shoes: Mom's Closet, Shorts: Old Navy $12, Top: Goodwill $3, Necklace: Made by moi, Bracelet: Gift from mom (lil boutique in Mt Vernon, IL)

I made this necklace ages ago with a simple copper chain (from Michaels) and old earrings, knickknacks, I think I even dismantled an old keychain..the result was pretty cute. Only downfall: impossible not to get tangled, blame the craftsmanship! 

3 comments:

  1. Love the top! It's such a pretty color on you :) Can't beat a $3 awesome top!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is super pretty and it looks great on you! You should wear pink more often. Thanks for linking up!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boob cover up- that cracked me up because I never know what term to use either! I love the colour of the cable knit top (or sweater? Again with the terms!)and those sandals are great!

    ReplyDelete