Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 140: Look Who's Talking (about this wardrobe)


 As embarrassing as this may be, I'm going to admit something...one of my favorite movies of all time is Look Who's Talking. Not sure if you've seen it but its circa 1989 starring Kirstie Alley and John Travolta, featuring a "talking" newborn baby boy (narrated by Bruce Willis). Although when categorizing my DVD collection (yes I do this) I filed this under the "Horror" section, because getting knocked up while my career is in full swing is one of my nightmares...I have always, and will always love this film.

So here's the 411 on this movie: Mollie (Kirstie Alley) is a successful accountant who gets knocked up by one of her married clients Albert(douche).
She decides to keep the baby, after discovering her (douche) is having an affair with his decorator, she goes into labor, and gets picked up by a rather adorable(yes I believe John Travolta to be adorable...well in this movie) cab driver, James. She pushes him away the entire movie, tries to ignore the obvious chemistry between them

  and the fact that he is a terrific father figure to Mikey
 ...(come on that dancing scene with the stuffed animals....beyond adorable!).

 At the end of a rather traumatic experience to lil Mikey, his near brush with death in the NYC streets, Mikey mutters "Da Da" to James (here's where the title "Look Who's Talking" comes into play) his first words. Kirstie realizes he is the perfect father for her son and they live happily ever after...well until they add a "Too" to the "Look Who's Talking" part.

I am here to discuss something I never noticed before, Kirstie's horrendous wardrobe in this movie. Yes, I realize it was the late 80's but COME ON!

Exhibit A: Tapered Bib Overalls. Ok, ok, I know she was about-to-pop-preggo in this scene but are tapered bibs or any bibs for the matter ever really a good idea....I think not. 

Exhibit B: Her multiple failed attempts at a cute headband
Was this ever popular? Don't get me wrong I'm a sucker for polka dots, but a enormous bow on top of your head? Not flattering.

Exhibit C: There are plenty more just "no she didn't" moments in this movie: boxy suit jackets, red bows where there should be no red bows, tapered leg jeans,over the top 80's floral, and other various hideousness. Just rent the movie. Or go by it I'm sure it will be in a $5 bin somewhere. It's a classic. 

Well after searching the internet for more pictures of her wardrobe I have come up short, and I have a job interview in the morning, so I must get some beauty sleep.I will keep you posted on the outcome!

2 comments:

  1. Snookie from J-Shore is also now rocking the most horrible headbands ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah Casey....she sure is. Every girl on that show dresses horribly in my opinion. But yes..big bows on your head=cute on little girls, scary on adult potato-like creatures.

    ReplyDelete