Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 148: First Snow

I woke up yesterday morning to find this going on in my backyard. I knew it was going to snow, but I had no idea it was going to snow 6 inches! The leaves haven't  quite fallen off all the trees yet, so even though it was quite beautiful a lot of Denver homes were without power yesterday. I lucked out.

Boots: Macy's $60, Socks: Wal Mart $1, Tights: Wal Mart $3, Sweather: F21: $20, Jacket: Gift from my lova, Scarf: Maurices Gift from my Momma. Picture Frame: Free!

So now, with all this snow, I can really bust out the cozy sweater, boots, and oh yeah..did I mention I got a present awhile back? 
Remember how obsessed I was with this jacket from Gap but how I couldn't afford the hefty price tag? Well I guess somebody was reading my blog and wanted to brighten my day. The card read, "sorry I couldn't get you a real present on your birthday Love, Josh" I love that boy. He actually reads my blog too!

It is also Thrifty Thursday...mine is more like "Dumpster Diving Thursday". Yes, I do this from time to time because my neighbors leave all this perfectly good furniture in their back alleys all the time. I mean who throws out this perfectly good (but slightly dirty) Antique chair. The price tag....free!

I mean, how awesome is this fabric?

 I have a project in mind for the picture frame for my new "Craft Studio" area, as a jewelry display!

Ok, I know it is a bit dingy, I've tried upholstery cleaner, Oxiclean and I've Febreezed the puddin out of it. Anybody know any tips for getting "dingy-ness out of fabric?" 

If I can't get the dingy-ness out, I am going to just take the fabric off and  make these:



I like the red one with some poinsettias for Christmas Gifts....what do you think?

Aint nothing in this world like a little dumpster diving!

3 comments:

  1. I saw your link on Megan's 'Thurdays are for Thrifters' and wanted to say that I am pull stuff out of my neighbors trash ALL the time ;) (I've never actually paid money for a chair).
    This chair is awesome sauce.
    I'm not good at cleaning things but I use a little brush and some detergent + a little water to spot clean our couch. However reupholstering a seat cushion like this is easy as pie, just get some fresh fabric and a staple gun. Even easier than cutting a hole in the seat for a plant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern on the chair cushion, it's so pretty! The dingeyness just adds to the antique feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely a beautiful chair! and that coat is a great present! can't believe it's already snowing there!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete