Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 27: Rinse and Reuse

I have been trying for awhile to be more eco-friendly. Living in Colorado this is pretty easy to do. Here are the golden 5 small steps that I follow when trying to make less of an imprint in this world.

#1) Use reusable bags
The key here is to not leave them in the trunk of your car, which I tend to do frequently...got these beauties from Trader Joe's the last time I was in California...super durable and they hold a lot of stuff. Don't be afraid to bring them with you to the mall (how many more Forever 21 bags does one need, really?)



Rule #2) Reduce, Reuse, Recyle
My mother taught me how to do this many, many years ago. She would collect her recyclables and once a month take it 45 mins to the closest recycling place. So I don't wanna here any "my town doesn't do curbside pickup" bullcrap. My mom was a mother of 3 and worked full time and she found the time to recycle! She also has a strict no littering policy. Once when I was young I threw my Popsicle stick out the window of the backseat, because, well it was just one Popsicle stick right? Oh no, she whipped a U-turn so fast and made me look 30 mins until I found it. I have never littered since. I wish everyone's mother was as concerned about the environment as mine. 

Rule #3) Buy reusable containers whenever possible
This is the first time I have bought a reusable milk container. I have to drive a little bit further to the Sunflower Market off Colorado to get it, but it is worth it!

Rule #4) Don't leave the water running when you brush your teeth.
This is just ridiculous and has no point. The girl I shared a hotel room with did this and I about had a fit! Really what does that accomplish? NOTHING!!!!


Rule #5) Shop at the Goodwill
Keeps it out of the landfills people, and it saves you money! Win Win

I have many more rules that I follow, but these are the simplest. After all, we only have one earth.

1 comment:

  1. "One Earth." -Gail White

    ps. LOVE your above outfit with the green jacket. the end.

    ReplyDelete