Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 30: Break Shopping Ban

Well folks, I almost made it. I went 24 days without shopping. That, my friends, is what they call a miracle. Can't believe I couldn't wait another week. But Target, you are the devil. Hear me out, (this is what Josh opens with when he really wants me to pay attention) The original ban on shopping was because I thought my job was going to be no more. I didn't want to travel, they didn't want to keep me in Denver. Had a meeting on Monday...thought I was gettin the boot, and SURPRISE! I kinda got a promotion. To Marketing Coordinator. It is sort of a trial position, maybe temporary but hey! I kept my job!

So as a celebration of my new promotion, I went into target looking for dress clothes. New title, new threads. I need to look a little more professional at times.  I decided to splurge. $75 dollars splurge. Oops. Does it count that every item I bought was on sale? Nope? Yeah I didn't think so. Ok so APRIL, APRIL! is my month of no shopping! Might even try this handy dandy thing called 30 for 30....heard of it? No? well here's the link...http://kendieveryday.blogspot.com/2010/07/30-for-30-again.html you pick 30 articles of clothing, and wear it for 30 days. NO SHOPPING allowed. Yeah I could do this.

These fall into the "professional" category. Well, sort of. (pants $20, blue shirt with cute metallic detail $10.50, puke green shirt $2)
 Check out the price tags, tho!
Target also has this new "sizing chart" thinger on their pants now. Makes it really easy to find pants that fit.
 So my fit is "3, Mid Waist, and Straight hip, Bootcut
I've decided that I'm a solid "three" on the rise  goes all the way down to "six" I believe for the lowest rise. I am getting too old to have the buttcrack hanging out..somehow it just doesn't say "Marketing professional" These pants passed the "buttcrack test" (sitting down in the dressing room seeing if you look like a plumber) with flying colors. "Straight hip" cuz, duh, i have no curves. Thanks Target this is brilliant!

I also had a little fun. Been wanting a pair of white skinny jeans for, well, forever. But can never find any that fit...or that aren't see-through, or that are too short, or that don't pass the butt-crack test, or that cost an arm and a leg (sorry Lucky Brand I can afford you anymore). These had a nice price tag of $20. And they fit all my criteria. Had. To. Buy. Them.
White Skinny Jeans ($20)
Once again "Fit 3, Mid Waist & Straight Hip. Target. I heart you. 

And then there is the Peach, huge, tshirt. I love, love, love, love it! I have a little bit of a girly crush on Indie Jane.(indiejanephotography.com) We all have girly crushes right? I'm not sure how I stumbled upon her website in the first place, but I love the way she dresses, love the pictures she takes, and well I have a crush ok!!!  She had this shirt on and I wanted to rip it off of her little cute face! http://www.indiejanephotography.com/2011/03/friday-five-311/13wr/

Peach Oversized Tee $15
looks real cute with my new white jeans, ya think?

Moral of the story today : I set bans. I don't abide by them. Don't judge me. 

I will get a picture of me in my new outfits very soon! Stay tuned (I know you are on the edge of your seats!)

2 comments:

  1. i get a little too excited when i see a target clearance tag. i had to remind myself i was looking at pictures and wasn't actually shopping. love the white denim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment(I don't get a lot of those just yet!) I am so freakin' excited to wear those pants!

    ReplyDelete