Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Day 34: Get My Freakity Frackin' Rebate!

For those of you that don't know me, I'm blind. Well not all the way but pretty darn close. I inherited some of the worst sets of eyes on this planet (ok well not the worst I was told contacts go all the way to -20 and I'm a measly -6.5) Anyhew. I'm blind and are you ready for the double bonus round: I have astigmatism! Normal contacts, I'm told, cost about $130 dollars a year (that's what my lovely insurance company covers anyway) mine, $280. Yeah it sucks. Thanks mom (I know, why do I always blame my mother?...cuz she gets so fired up about it that's why! And pretty sure she's the only person that actually reads my blog)
Here's the receipt! Yep $150 dollars out of pocket. Oh and the triple bonus round! Since I have astigmatism I have to pay an additional $75 for a contact fitting! This is on top of my insurance co-pay! SUPER DUPER. And these lovely insurance companies only cover contacts or glasses one per year. So last year I had to pay $250 dollars for glasses (after one of my friends "isn't she the cutest puppy everrrrrrrrrah?" decided to make my only means of night vision her chew toy. (wow I am really ranting here) Ask any person out there (with mid-range crappy eyesight) if they were glasses at night when they take their contacts out. Duh, you kinda have to. Sometimes I don't and play "pretend Josh is Gerard Butler" but that's beside the point!
Coopervison has come together and said, "this is crazy America that you have to pay that much for contacts!" we are gonna give you a rebate.....a whole $30!!!!!!
Oh thanks Coopervision, you multi-million dollar company for letting me have $30 back on a $255 visit to Lenscrafters. I didn't even go anyplace special! It was an effin Lenscrafters for cryin' out loud!

So, you have to print this "rebate form" online, since I can't afford a printer (thanks to you Coopervision) I had to hike my happy bootay over to my local library. With all the other smelly (i'm not sure why but this lady next to me on the computer smelled a bit like old cheese)  people that can't afford printers.
my face looks weird...what is that on my face? Oh yeah, springtime!

My plan of attack was to grab my trusty library card and head 3 blocks over to the Library....until....yeah  that's right my plan was foiled because of Cesar Chavez Day. WTF is Cesar Chavez Day?

I've said it once and I'll say it a million times, I really need to get me a government job.

After what I'm sure was a successful Cesar Chavez Day, the library opened its doors back up on Tuesday and I got in there and printed what I needed

Anyways got it all put together. I'll mail it tomorrow. And wait. Let y'all know if I ever see this $30 prepaid Visa they speak of.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom's not the only one reading your blog sista! I have to say, I've read every entry so far, have been highly entertained, felt slightly voyeuristic at times, and even learned a thing or two! I dig it! Sending love from the mountains, Nici

    ReplyDelete