Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 55: Vail Closing Day 2011

Wowzers did I have a pretty great weekend! Vail's Closing Day, or "4 at 4" was yesterday...basically just a huge party where all the locals blow off some well deserved steam. The point is to wear the craziest outfit possible (mostly hideous 80's onsies) party all day, and hopefully staying sober enough to celebrate the last chair of the season which happens at the top of chair 4, at 4pm...so that's how it gets the name "4 at 4" (that is kinda a horrible description but its all I could muster, do yourself a favor and go see it yourself next year)  It is a complete blast and not even the cold temperatures and snow accumulation could keep people away. I, sadly, forgot to charge my camera on Saturday and did not get any photos (idiot!) but here's a few I found on the 'net just to give you an idea of the craziness.
This photo is from Opening Day a couple years ago, I wore the lovely puke green ensemble again yesterday.


Also here's a link to watch a video that sums its all up. http://wn.com/A_Day_at_Vail watch the one from "Brobible"..

So after all that nonsense, I was ready to just have a relaxing day today of recovery. Movie, laundry, library, and naptime for me all day today. It. Was. Glorious!

Hope you all had a spectacular weekend as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment