Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Day 57: Double Denim

I broke one of fashion rules today: I wore Denim on Denim...scary thought. There is a way to do this so you dont look like you're wearing a Canadian Tuxedo: 

Before Justin was fashionable and Britney was crazy

Double denim golden rules

1 No belt, please. With a belt, the look that you were hoping projected Paris catwalk insouciance becomes unreconstructed Idaho truck driver.
2 You need contrast in colour: One piece should be a darker-hued denim. You might want this on your bottom half, darker colours being more slimming, but beware: a pale denim shirt can wash out your skintone.
3 Don't go with a very fine chambray shirt with a very heavy denim jean. That's not double denim, that's cheating, and it doesn't have the right impact.
4 Break up the heaviness of the look with something light and feminine: the strap of a fabulous ChloƩ or Mulberry cross-body handbag, perhaps; or a gorgeous pair of dangly earrings; or wear the shirt open one extra button to show off a tiny glimpse of a pretty camisole.
5 Roll your sleeves up and highlight bare wrists with a bracelet or a cocktail ring.
6 Finally, no cowboy boots. Keep feet semi-naked in ballet pumps or a pretty flat sandal.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/mar/16/double-denim-david-beckham-fashion

Which outfit should I choose?  (please ignore the horrible lighting, my camera died and I had to leave it plugged in to take pictures)



THE WINNER!!!!!!

 I broke a few of the "Double Denim Golden Rules" here. So I'm thinking the one with the scarf is the best. I did break rule #6 of "No cowboy boots" but these don't quite qualify, do they? When it gets a bit warmer I'll throw on some sandals I promise! That and this scarf makes me extremely happy, every time I look down at it, I think of my momma and how rad she is. Any thoughts? Which one do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment