Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 94: I have a new Girl Crush

"Girl Crush": (as defined by Urban Dictionary) feelings of admiration and adoration which a girl has for another girl, without wanting to shag said girl. a nonsexual attraction, usually based on veneration at some level.

Please note the "nonsexual attraction" part, I did play college softball, however, I never went "pro" if you catch my drift.

Sidenote to Kate Winslet: If you are reading this blog (which I know you do everyday with your morning coffee) you will be, and will always be, my number one girl crush. You are classic, painstakingly beautiful, and a mind-blowing actress and  I want you to know that this new Girl Crush is probably just temporary, but nonetheless, I have to admit it!

Minka Kelly

Josh and I watched "The Roommate" a little while ago, which if you have an opportunity to watch paint dry, I would chose that instead.....I was mainly just awestruck by miss Kelly's beauty, and, of course, her use of accessories. Colorful scarves, dangling earrings, vests, and Ray Ban's, oh my! And you all know how I feel about hats, any girl that can pull off this hat is O.K. by me!





We actually made it through the entire film, the plot was semi-believable, everyone has a run-in with a slightly obsessive, crazy, manic depressive, borderline suicidal roommate once in their lives don't they?

The one concept I had a hard time grabbing when Minka meets the  "super sweet, responsible, non-partying, musician, and did I mention gorgeous frat guy" He also didn't try any sexual advances when Minka's character (sorry I totally forgot her name in the movie) was wasted. This doesn't happen, you get one of these qualities in a freshman frat guy, but not the entire package....sorry very unbelievable. I happened to date a frat boy in college, he was a musician. That was it. My roommate in college dated a frat boy too, he was gorgeous. The girl I met in accounting dated a frat guy, he was sweet. They always only have one good quality. Its a rule.
The Roommate's overall rating:
Plot: C-
Suspense Level: C
Overall Delivery: C 
Acting: C-
Eye Candy for Girls: B
Eye Candy for Guys: A
Use of accessories: A

No comments:

Post a Comment