Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 131: I Should be Cut-Off from my Cut-offs!



Yes, I realize it is almost fall and is probably time to put away the cut-off shorts, I don't wanna! I don't wanna! I don't wanna! (insert annoying 2 year old stomping feet and rolling around on the ground voice)  

This outfit just screams, "I love 'Merica!" Maybe a tad too matchy-matchy with the boots...but I loves them! I scored them at the Goodwill with my momma when she was in town, and sadly, they only made it out of my closet a few times! Oddly enough I bought the shirt when I was with her as well..she brings out the excellent shopper in me. 

I'm not quite sure whats going on in the sock department here...they are very 70's and don't really go with the vibe of this outfit at all...oh well, rolling with it!

Now on with my predicament....see this...


see that hole between the coffee maker and the microwave? Yep, that's where the toaster used to be. Which I was under the strong impression that it was MY toaster, my roommate has convinced me otherwise, as she has packed up EVERYTHING in the kitchen that is hers  leaving me with an overall feeling of inadequate-ness. I mean, geez when all my stuff is spread out, I don't have a pot to piss in! (well I do have a pot but it was handed down from God knows who and from God knows where in my life)

So, that being said, I am off to the Goodwill to fill the hole! (realistically I just wanted an excuse to go over there as I haven't been all month! I've been such a good-Goodwill avoider!) Is it gross to buy a used toaster? The only thing people should be putting in there is bread, right? I guess you can by a new one for under 10 bucks these days, I just like to re-use when I can! Its the eco-chic-ness in me.

But absolutely, under no circumstances, am I allowed to by anything else....just browsing.....(HA HA HA HA HA HA, I am effin hilarious if I actually think I will put THAT off)

Anyways hope there will be some awesome treasures to share! Have a great week-a-ma-end everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I love this outfit-even the slightly mismatched socks! Really cute! Thanks for linking up!
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I an see that you're having fun in this outfit, love the red boots, so cool. I like the color of your plaid shirt too, very cute on you.

    love,mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would never be able to just browse in a thrift store. good luck with that! =) and i don't think it's gross to buy a used toaster...like you said, just bread (hopefully!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that top and your boots are SO fun!!! hope you found a toaster

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and truly........Good Will Rocks!!!!
    If you have time please stop by....I have a link up with a GW surprise!
    It's all about boots....Yes those boots you have on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun boots- great colour! Good luck toaster hunting (if you lived close to me, I'd give you mine as I never use it!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those boots are awesome! I have a feeling if you replace these cut-offs with some skinny jeans, you will rock that look too:-) Love the plaid!

    ReplyDelete