Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day 136: (Rather Depressing) Apartment Inventory

So my roommate is in the process of moving out of our apartment which has left me with the utter reality check, "I own absolutely nothing!" Granted this could be a good thing, if any thief broke into my apartment right now they would be highly disappointed about the lack of expensive things here. He or she would be like, "this place is so busted....wtf? IS THAT A VCR??" (yes, sir or madam it is, and yes I still own one) Also if and when I move, it takes no more than the back of a truck to do so....but looking around this empty apartment, and the lack of cushion-like substances to sit on...makes me a bit sad. Unfortunately, at this stage in my life, until the new job is locked down, I am not in a good place financially to be heading off to Ikea and stocking this place.

So here, everyone, or any thief thinking of breaking into my apartment, is my Rather Depressing Apartment Inventory.

Bedroom:
 

1 Bedside table (well technically its a part of a child's play set from the 50's), Goodwill $10

1Queen Sized (whoo hoo no more full size!!) Bed, Gift from my new best friend Dave

 1 Tall Dresser, Goodwill $10
1 Dresser, Goodwill $10


We are calling this a "decorative statement" in reality it is an old window frame: swiped it from my friend Yuki's backyard.
Various Knickknacks: Lamp Goowill $4, Wine Box: Goodwill $1, Vase: Goodwill $1

1 Busted Compaq computer (the stripe in the middle is permanent apparently) it needs a new battery, a new screen, a new harddrive, and I'm pretty sure it has a small virus or two...but other than that, she's a beaut!!!
The green stripe is somewhat contained when there is pressure from a chip clip applied. Oh yeah, a chip clip, I am practically a member of the Geek Squad...

Kitchen:

1 Dish Dryer Thingy, Various Kitchen Utensils, Knife Set (All left behind by prior roommates)

Various Dishes: All donated or left behind by past roomies
1 very sad set of pots and pans, and two, count it two! metal colanders....cuz' apparently one is not enough! Once again all donated.


Silverware: In all its mismatched glory, yep, donated...I'm sensing a trend here
 1 Teapot, I did actually by this!!! at Wal-Mart, for $5, it sucks. 

1 Coffeemaker $15 and 1 toaster $9 

Living Room (quite possibly the saddest of them all) 

1 150 lb television (with no remote) 1 busted "entertainment center" on wheels, Both left behind by disgruntled roommate. 1 DVD player: Wal Mart $40, 1 DVD/VCR combo I got as a high school graduation present...the VCR part still works, the DVD part...no dice. No remote on that either.  
1 File Cabinet: Goodwill $3, 1 Can of dusting spray, 1 ummmm is that called a "letter holder"?

That's it folks, that's all she wrote! I'm worse than a college student! I do, however, have a closet filled with a fabulous wardrobe, 60+ pairs of fabulous shoes, and a bad ass snowboarding get-up (think I've discovered where my "furniture money" goes...straight into my closet, baby! In life, you have to have priorities, mine is strutting around lookin good, while coming home and sitting on hard wood floors.

1 comment:

  1. I have never bought new furniture and I have a lovely apartment. Start thinking about how you want you apartment to look like and then pick a color palate. You really don't have to spend a lot of money at all. My closet is where almost all my money goes too :)

    ReplyDelete