Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 155: With a Lil Help From Ikea

Sunday, Josh and I took a little adventure to a magical wonderland called IKEA. I was in absolute awe. I mean I've seen it in movies but nothing could have prepared me for the awesomeness that is IKEA. I think we spent about 2 hours or so there (luckily there was a tv playing football in one of the corners surrounded by about 20 happy gentlemen patiently awaiting their wives/girlfriends return where Josh had to spend a few minutes) But for the most part he thought it was pretty terrific too.

The reason for the trip: to acquire some cheap legs/sawhorse like things. I've been wanting to get a kitchen table for quite some time now, I've been searching Craigslist, Wally's, Target, thrift stores, but have not found anything of interest :(  I remember being in Anthropologie a month ago and they had a table made out of an old door (price tag $2,559....yeah its an old door people!) So in my usual fashion I said, "hey! I can make that!" I just happened to be searching the creepy murder basement of my house today and found....yep, an old door! BINGO! So I googled: "how to make a table from an old door" and I found:

http://www.designsponge.com/2008/01/diy-project-dining-table.html
And here is my take: 
The door was already painted this way! Bonus!



Ikea sawhorse lookin' thingies: $10 each (spent $20 total)
I guess if I wanted to get fancy (like the design sponge table) I would have to cover it in some sort of glass or polyurethane...but I think I'm gonna just leave it rustic...get some cute placemats...over all I am super pumped with how it turned out!

Happy Tuesday everyone...hope i keep this blogging thing going! I'm trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment