Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 83: Back to my roots

I got my hair did today....i was going to add more blonde and cut bangs....buttttt, I changed my mind at the last second and decided to dye it all one color, let the sun do the highlighting this summer. Oh and the bangs, the neighboring stylist (who was hilarious and awesome) talked me out of it she mentioned "plastered to your forehead, and always in the way" with as active as I am in the summer, better wait til fall on the bangs.

Here's the new do!


I know, I'm so boring! I was going to do more but I went to the Aveda academy downtown and although cheap (I got the cut and color for $40 + tip) it took him 5 hrs!!! That's the price you pay for a cheap hairdo these days. He did do a good job though, I love the color. First time a dude has ever cut my hair I was so happy. Always wanted one to.

My outfit inspiration
My spin on it:


Gladiators: Rocketdog, gift from mom, Shorts: Target $10, Shirt: JCrew $30. Haircut: Aveda Academy $40.

I had a rather large lady sing sarcastically, "who wears short shorts?" to me as I got off the light rail this morning. Made me feel slightly uncomfortable at first then I thought, "I do, you jerk!" Granted, they are a bit Hollister-ish and definitely do not pass the "hands down at your sides, at your fingertips" rule we had in high school (as I'm displaying in the second picture). I never thought that rule was fair anyways, I have abnormally long arms.

I'm not going to have these legs forever and as long as I am doing something to keep them in shape, I'm gonna show them off. So screw that lady and her opinions, hope she chokes on a Twinkie.

2 comments:

  1. That is such an adorable outfit, one of my favorites I've seen you wear and your hair looks soooo good!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks Miss Meagan! I think my boyfriend likes the hair as he said, "wow your hair is really pretty" 3 times last night. (usually they don't even notice, right?

    ReplyDelete