Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 115: Colored Jeans?

This is one trend I have always thought "Just don't go there." Leave this one to the stick-thin celebrities with their on call personal trainers and personal chefs.


I do have a rule of thumb when trying trends: Try to find it at the Goodwill first.
Nothing worse then paying full price for a trendy piece of clothing that will be an afterthought in less than a month.

Once again, the Goodwill gods have shined their light upon me this month:
Shoes: Wal Mart $15, Shirt: Wal Mart $5, Jeans: Goodwill $6




Picked these bad boys up for $6. I wasn't sure if they were for me at first seeing them on the rack. But I've been flirting with the idea of trying colored denim for awhile now. Perfect fit, long enough (perhaps a little too long) and the icing on the cake: I found a Tattered Cover (big, awesome book store in Denver) receipt in the pocket. These jeans are meant for me.

Can't wait til fall so I can tuck these into some boots! Pair with a sweater and a jacket...

Now if I can just find that lil' rascal gold watch, my Goodwill finds will be complete....well til next week :)

2 comments:

  1. I think those jeans were definitely meant for you. They look great! I love colored jeans!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my rule of thumb also!!! I always laugh when I find things that have been inspired or are straight from the runway....especially when they are like $200 cheaper!! Love this color I have been on the hunt for some red...I just found some mustard soo excited!! Thank you for linking up every Monday!!!

    Shana

    ColorBlind

    ReplyDelete