Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 142: Well, That Was Easy

Unless you have been living under a rock, you have noticed the current trend (well, I believe it started last summer actually) of feather earrings. Some are pretty extreme, some are medium crazy, and some are just right.

After doing a little research, and cringing at multiple price tags (hello $45!) I decided, hey, I could make that!
So I Googled "how to make feather earrings", watched a video, went to JoAnn's Fabrics, spent $12 (this is for multiple earrings,etc) and viola! Feather Earrings.

I am serious about this too ladies, the easiest DIY I've ever made. When I get my craft studio up and running, I will share how easy it really is! But for now I want to just show you the end result.



Creepy side profile!

Gladiators: Steve Madden (mom's closet), Pants: Goodwill (Calvin Klein) $4, Top: Goodwill (Lucky Brand) $3
This is my first go at this so the tops of the feathers seem to be "molting" a little bit, but I think the next go round will be way better. I am also working on another "feather hair clip" I can't wait to share! 

Ugh, It's Monday already isn't it. Booooooooo....

No comments:

Post a Comment